The Educator Advisory Council (EAC) helps the Idaho State Historical Society (ISHS) develop programs and experiences for students, families, and teachers, that serve the complex needs of today’s classrooms. EAC Membership will be comprised of teachers from various disciplines and grade levels to help ISHS develop, test, evaluate, and market programs. The EAC supports the ISHS Strategic Plan Goal 2, Objective 2.1 to “Advance ISHS as an essential resource for learning, education, research and scholarship on Idaho history.”
- Provide a forum for teachers to discuss the current needs and challenges of their classrooms and find ways for ISHS to help meet those needs.
- Identify ways to partner with schools or districts for consistent programming.
- Develop relationships with Idaho educators from across the state that support the mission of ISHS.
- Co-create relevant educational programming for all ISHS sites with Idaho pre-k-12 teachers.
- Collaborate with peers and ISHS staff to develop materials on behalf of the Agency for students, teachers, and parents.
- Research topics and themes from Idaho’s history to include in curriculum and program materials.
- Test and pilot programs in their classrooms or at each site.
- Evaluate programs through surveys and feedback.
- Help promote ISHS programs in their school, district, and region, and share any appropriate marketing opportunities for ISHS.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of the Idaho State Historical Society
- Experience with history education, interest in Idaho history
- Interest in new opportunities for you or your students
- Dedicated to supporting the initiatives of the Historical Society
- Committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility for students
- Two-year commitment
- Statewide representation
- Free ISHS Membership (per year)
- Refreshments at each meeting
- $200 Stipend per year
- Fun and engaging meetings with opportunities to network with other educators from around the state.
- Must be a classroom teacher in an Idaho school with students in pre-k-12 grades
- Two-year commitment term (September 2022-May 2024) with the opportunity to reapply for a second 2-year term. The meeting schedule will be distributed in August each year.
- Must be available for 4 meetings per year (virtually or in person) and complete required assignments.