Researching at the Idaho State Archives amid the Covid19 Pandemic
During the Covid19 pandemic, ISA will apply the following procedures:
- Virtual reference service will meet the need for most researchers and many requests can be fulfilled by email.
- Information about our collections, catalogs, digitized content, and helpful indexes are available at https://history.idaho.gov/archives/ by clicking the Research tab.
- Information about photograph requests is available at https://history.idaho.gov/collections/idaho-state-archives-photographs/
- Researchers should email their research questions to email@example.com.
- Advanced appointments are encouraged when inquiries extend beyond virtual reference service and will require access to archival records in the Lincoln Reading Room.
- These appointments are generally scheduled 48 hours in advance during regularly scheduled hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
Appointments are incrementally scheduled to provide a healthy and secure space for researchers to access archival material.
The following recommendations apply for onsite access at the Merle W. Wells Research Center:
- If you have been diagnosed with or experienced any illness symptoms commonly associated with Covid19 in the last 14 days, or if you have cared for anyone with Covid19 or its symptoms in the last 14 days, you are not allowed to visit our site.
- To be compliant with local laws, all Idaho State Historical Society properties within Boise City limits now require the wearing of masks.
- It is requested that researchers wash hands before entering the Idaho State Archives.
- It is requested that researchers practice social distancing guidelines released by the CDC when visiting the Merle W. Wells Research Center.
- Please also review these general but important guidelines: https://history.idaho.gov/archives/guidelines-for-researchers/
If you have questions or would like to secure an appointment please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-334-2620.