Idaho State Historical Society members are living the history that is preserved through the work of the Historical Society – now and for the future.
ISHS membership drives educational programs for students, families, adults, exhibits, scholarships for under-resourced students, and conservation of historic artifacts. Your support can be seen in classrooms and communities across the state.
ISHS members are a part of the ISHS family. We continue to provide access to dynamic and engaging historical content, educational resources, and meaningful Idaho stories. Please check Idaho History at Home and follow us on social media for digital resources to help you stay connected to our state, its story, and one another.
ISHS membership is the best way to create your very own historic adventure. Members receive the best deal in history with complimentary admission and discounts on merchandise, events, and activities. Become a member today to begin your adventure.
Questions about your Idaho State Historical Society Membership?
Follow us on social media and subscribe to Histor-E, the Idaho State Historical Society’s monthly newsletter, to stay up to date on all things Idaho history!
- Complimentary admission to ISHS sites
- “Members First” early access to exhibits
- Early registration to select events
- Access to the Idaho History Reciprocal Membership
- Program which provides free admission to participating museums across Idaho
- 15% discount in agency stores and online
- Discounts on accommodations, food, and beverages at The Grove Hotel and Hotel 43 in Boise
- Annual 21+ theme night
- Time Travelers, a network of hundreds of historical museums and sites across the country.
- Mountain Light (hyperlink to PDF), a bi-annual newsletter full of informative articles and upcoming events.
- Illuminating Idaho: Narratives from the Idaho State Historian (hyperlink to website), a monthly member exclusive letter from the Idaho State Historian
- Annual historic walking group tour
The Idaho History Reciprocal Membership Program is a collaboration between the Idaho State Historical Society and participating museums and historic sites across Idaho, including the Idaho State Museum (Boise), Old Idaho Penitentiary (Boise), Latah County Historical Society (Moscow), Bannock County Historical Museum (Pocatello), Post Falls Historical Museum (Post Falls), Museum of North Idaho (Coeur d’Alene), Twin Falls County Historical Society Museum (Twin Falls), White Spring Ranch Museum (Genesee), and Hagerman Valley Historical Society Museum (Hagerman).
Purchasing a membership at any participating site gives you additional membership benefits at no additional cost, including:
- Free admission to participating museums around Idaho.
- Subscription to participating museums’ electronic newsletters.
- Access to all participating museums’ virtual programs.
- Discount for youth education programs at Idaho State Historical Society sites.
- Discount for family activities at Idaho State Historical Society sites.
- 15% off nightly room rates (special reservation link will be sent to members)
- 10% off at Trillium Restaurant at the Grove Hotel*
- Happy Hour specials at Trillium Restaurant at the Grove Hotel (Sunday – Thursday 4 pm-6 pm)*
- $4 draft beers and well drinks
- ½ off appetizers
*You must show your active ISHS membership card to receive these offers
Students and Seniors (60 and above) qualify for a $5 discount on any membership package.
$50 | Benefits for one named member plus one, one-time use guest pass (valid for one year)
$75 | Benefits of Jade Level for two named members plus two, one-time use guest pass (valid for one year)
$100 | Benefits of Topaz Level for two named members and up to five guest passes (valid for one year)
$250 | All benefits of the Sapphire membership plus behind-the-scenes tours
$500 | All benefits of the Quartz membership plus the ability to gift one Jade membership to a friend or family member