*The Idaho State Museum will be closed on Thanksgiving Day (November 28, 2019) and will resume regular business hours the following day.
The Idaho State Museum is a fun, interactive experience where people of all ages and backgrounds come to explore the story of Idaho. Furthermore, the Museum looks at how Idaho’s unique landscapes have shaped, and continue to shape, our experience. The Museum shows the profound relationship between Idaho’s people and its land have always defined what it means to live here. The newly renovated Idaho State Museum provides more space for exhibitions, artifacts, in addition to educational programming that help Idahoans and visitors understand our story.
The Museum space includes:
- Galleries devoted to the vast landscapes and stories of Idaho told geographically through North, Central, and South Idaho
- A gallery that chronicles Idaho’s geologic origins, while presenting the origin stories of Idaho’s five federally recognized tribes
- Boomtown Gallery, a space designed for children to interact and play while learning along the way
- History Lab, where people can learn history by practicing it themselves
- Stories from Idaho, an exhibition on individuals who have made an impact on Idaho’s history that invites visitors to see themselves as part of the story
- Classroom space that can be used for programming private meetings and events
- M Store featuring locally-produced products and an array of items that incorporate themes represented throughout the Museum
- A Community Room event space which can host public and private events
Monday-Saturday | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Open 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Memorial Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Columbus Day, and Easter
Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
Adults (18-59): $10
Active Military & Veterans: $8
Seniors (60+): $8
College Students (w/ID): $8
Children/Youth (6-17): $5
Children 5 and under: Free
Groups of 10+ (must book two weeks in advance, excludes special programming): $1 off
EBT Cardholders (Up to 4 family members): $3
Children 12 and under MUST be accompanied by a chaperone 16 years of age or older.
Blue Star Museum
Museums for All
Due to the amount of time needed to experience the museum, last admission is at 4:15 p.m.