Updates for Reopening
Starting Saturday, June 13
The Museum will begin allowing general public visitation in limited numbers. Timed entry will be available for 30 visitors per hour (maximum of 60 visitors at any given time).
Senior (60+) Tuesdays | 9am – 10am
(no general public during this time)
- In an effort to be compliant with local Public Health Emergency Order 20-10, all Idaho State Historical Society properties, Museums, and buildings within Boise City limits now require the use of masks. Please notify staff if you have an approved exemption. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Some exhibits may be closed for the health and safety of staff and visitors.
- Please limit your time in the museum to 2 hours to allow other visitors to explore.
- Walk-ups will only be accommodated if the time slot is not at capacity.
- We highly encourage visitors to practice social distancing when exploring the Museum.
- You must register online for a time to visit. Please arrive no later than 15 minutes past your scheduled time or you may have to forfeit your time slot.
- We will not accept cash at this time.
These updates are contingent upon the Governor’s “Idaho Rebounds” stages of reopening plan.
The Idaho State Museum is a fun, interactive experience where people of all ages and backgrounds come to explore the story of Idaho. Furthermore, the Museum looks at how Idaho’s unique landscapes have shaped, and continue to shape, our experience. The Museum shows the profound relationship between Idaho’s people and its land have always defined what it means to live here. The newly renovated Idaho State Museum provides more space for exhibitions, artifacts, in addition to educational programming that help Idahoans and visitors understand our story.
Monday-Saturday | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Pioneer Village Hours
Memorial Day through Labor Day
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Open 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Memorial Day, Labor Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Columbus Day, and Easter
Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
Adults (18-59): $10
Active Military & Veterans: $8
Seniors (60+): $8
College Students (w/ID): $8
Children/Youth (6-17): $5
Children 5 and under: Free
Groups of 10+ (must book two weeks in advance, excludes special programming): $1 off
EBT Cardholders (Up to 4 family members): $3
Children 12 and under MUST be accompanied by a chaperone 16 years of age or older.
Blue Star Museum
Museums for All
Due to the amount of time needed to experience the museum, last admission is at 4:15 p.m.