Educator Open House
The Idaho State Historical Society would like to invite Teachers, Professors, and Educators to the Museum for our free* Educator Open House on August 21st from 12 pm-3 pm. Each Educator may bring one free guest to the Museum with prior registration.
Mingle with colleagues, enjoy light refreshments, and discover how the Idaho State Historical Society can be a resource to enhance classroom learning.
- Explore the Museum
- Preview 2021-2022 in-person and virtual program offerings
- Hear about upcoming exhibits and events from agency sites including the Idaho State Museum, the Old Idaho Penitentiary, the Idaho State Archives, and the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Participate in activity booths running throughout the evening to sample education programs offered by each site.
- Join one of the National History Day in Idaho information sessions and get your 2022 program materials.
- Learn how to help your students make deep and meaningful connections between their own lives and the stories of Idaho.
Each Teacher that attends will be entered into a raffle drawing for a FREE FIELD TRIP to the Idaho State Museum (single class, limit up to 30 students) or a variety of other prizes.
*This event is free for all qualifying educators and school staff. To qualify you must be an active employee of a public, private, or parochial school. Home school Educators, Early Childhood Educators, Informal Educators, and Education College Students are eligible for Educator Open House as well.