Educator Open House
The Idaho State Historical Society would like to invite Educators to the Old Idaho Penitentiary for our free Educator Open House July 31 from 5-8 pm. Enjoy a light buffet, network with colleagues, and discover how the Idaho State Historical Society can be a resource to enhance classroom learning. Preview Old Idaho Penitentiary education tours with site staff, with tours available at 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm (limited to 25 guests per tour). Enjoy an opportunity to discuss the history of the Old Idaho Penitentiary with experts and enhance your knowledge of the site before your next field trip.
- Explore the Old Idaho Penitentiary after hours
- Preview 2023-2024 in-person and virtual program offerings
- Hear about upcoming exhibits and events from agency sites including the Idaho State Museum, the Old Idaho Penitentiary, the Idaho State Archives, and the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Participate in activity booths running throughout the evening to sample education programs offered by each site.
- Learn how to help your students make deep and meaningful connections between their own lives and the stories of Idaho.
Each Educator that attends will be entered into a door prize drawing for a FREE FIELD TRIP to the Idaho State Museum (single class, limit up to 50 students) or a variety of other prizes.
*This event is free for all qualifying educators and school staff. To qualify you must be an active employee of a public, private, or parochial school. Home School Educators, Early Childhood Educators, Informal Educators, and Education College Students are eligible as well.