GEM High School Internship Program at the Idaho State Museum
The Guide, Engage, Mobilize (GEM) High School Internship Program brings together passionate, curious, and innovative teens to make a difference in your community and get a behind the scenes look at the Idaho State Museum. You will network with professionals including archivists, curators, and designers as you advance important skills that will prepare you for college and career. Dive deeper into exciting topics and develop key skills through projects, programs, workshops, and volunteering. As a member of the Museum team, you will meet teens from across the Treasure Valley and work together to create exciting and educational experiences for visitors of all ages.
- Explore the Museum’s content through research about the stories of Idaho and the impacts of this history on the past, present, and future.
- Work alongside Museum Professionals and hear from guest speakers who share the stories of Idaho
- Develop a poster exhibit and design educational programming for visitors to the Museum.
Program Dates: January 19th-August 14th, 2021
Required Bi-weekly Meetings: Tuesdays starting January 19, 2021 from 4 pm-7 pm
(Snacks provided, up to 3 excused absences throughout the year)
Required Volunteer Shifts: Complete over 20 hours of internship volunteer hours on the second Saturday of each month and select weekdays during spring break and summer break camps.
- Bi-weekly Meetings – Meet as a team with the other interns to hang out, eat, train, research, and work on projects.
- Second Saturdays – Work on projects and spend time interacting with children and their families to complete hands-on activities together from 12pm-3pm on the Second Saturday of each month.
- Spring Break and Summer Break Camps – Play and learn with the campers helping to monitor students during activities and lunch breaks.
- Guest Speakers – Network with Museum Professionals, Historians, and Idahoans who have made history!
Thank you for your interest! Currently, we are not accepting applications for our 2021 Teen Programs. To be considered for future opportunities and to be added to our mailing list, please fill out the interest form.