Management & Performance
The Board of Trustees of the Idaho State Historical Society delegates the management of the organization to the executive director and leadership team of the Society.
- Janet L. Gallimore, Executive Director & State Historic Preservation Officer
- Dr. Ken Reid, State Archaeologist & Director, State Historic Preservation Officer
- Jody Hawley Ochoa, Director, Idaho State Historical Museum & Old Idaho Penitentiary
- David Matte, State Archivist
- Rosemary McClenahan, Fiscal Officer
- Annette Polidori, Human Resources Officer
- Patricia Hoffman, Management Assistant
- Ryan Gerulf, Director of Development
- Dax Chizum, Financial Specialist, Senior
- Tawna Chesnut, IT System Coordinator
As a full-service Agency, the State Historical Society operates in accordance with the best practices of a number of professions entities, including:
Society of American Archivists/Council of State Archivists
American Association of Museums
National Historic Preservation Act
American Library Association
American Association for State and Local History
Secretary of Interior Standards for Preservation of Historic Properties
Government Accounting Principles
Governmental Accounting Standards Board
Association of Fundraising Professionals
To maximize creativity and efficient and effective use of its resources, encourage entrepreneurship, and because of the complex nature of its multiple businesses, the Agency practices a Participative Management Style.
ISHS’s work of enhancing history literacy is carried out by professional staff, volunteers, and partners and is guided by a commitment to public service and organizational excellence.