Visiting Table Rock
The Idaho State Historical Society invites the public to enjoy Table Rock and assist the ISHS to preserve this Boise treasure.
- The public has unrestricted walking/hiking/biking access via the trails
- Vehicular access is 8:00am-sunset, Earth Day through the end of October
- A parking is provided at the top of Table Rock
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed in off-road areas
- Organizations that seek to use Table Rock for organized events may do so via permit (Earth Day through the end of October)
- A permit must be submitted at least two weeks in advance and the organization must submit proof of insurance that lists the ISHS as additionally insured
- The processing fee for permitted use is $50 plus the expense of any additional security that may be require for event and gate management
Safety and Security
- Vehicular access is restricted due to hazardous road conditions from November- April
- In the case of emergencies, contact Peak Alarm (866) 542-7325
- Please place garbage in the trash cans provided on the site
- Please help keep this site clean and graffiti free so that all visitors can enjoy the beautiful view
For information about Table Rock or the Old Penitentiary Historic District, please call (208) 334-3847 or e-mail.