2007-2010 Capitol Restoration Program
Capitol dome restoration.
Photo Credit: ISHS
On January 9, 2010, the Idaho Statehouse, "A Capitol of Light," was rededicated after 3 years of restoration. In partnership with the Idaho Capitol Commission, the State Historical Society played an active role in this restoration project through the following activities:
- Inventory and condition analysis for all artifacts removed from the Capitol.
- Professional consultation for research and historic preservation.
- Creation of Garden Level permanent exhibition: Governing Idaho: How People and Policies Shape our State, and special exhibitions located in the Garden Level wings and Statuary Hall.
- Restoration of 559 historic objects.
- Creation of 53 oral history interviews documenting over 50 years of activities in the Capitol.
- Public access to 17,000 cubic feet of state records and collections for official use or media coverage.
- Support for commemorative collateral.
- Publication of special edition Capitol feature Idaho Landscapes.
- Creation of Capitol Curation Program.
- Artist collaboration and reinstallation of Dana Boussard Capitol Murals at the University of Idaho.